The Second Amendment:
1. When was the Second Amendment written?
2. What was the population of the United States when the Second Amendment was drafted and how did most Americans live?
3. Compare this life to the current living conditions (both urban and rural) of the United States.
4. What dangers (personal and social) did people face then compared to now?
5. Consider the language of the Second Amendment. Do you think it refers to the individual right to possess guns or to the collective right of the people?
USA. I USA har man ret til at bære våben. Det er en individuel rettighed, som er nedskrevet som en tilføjelse i forfatningen:
"Da en velreguleret milits er nødvendig for sikkerheden for et frit land, skal retten for folket til at bære og opbevare våben ikke indskrænkes" (den såkaldte "Second Amendment").
In the first census, the population of the United States was enumerated to be 3,929,214 in 1790. Slaves made up nearly 20 percent of the total population During this time, America was on the move.