Use the ‘territorial expansion’ map to explain the development in the US from1783 to 1853. You may add things you knowthat are not form the text.
1. What did America turn to after the Napoleonic wars?
2. What did the Monroe Doctrine stipulate?
3. What important event happened in 1803?
4. How did California become a part of the USA?
5. Which state was the first state to be established after the original 13?
6. How much did the US population grow from 1815 to 1860?
7. How did the infrastructure improve on water?
8. How did the infrastructure improve on land?
9. What did the framers send to the eastern markets and what did the eastern markets send to the farmers?
10. Explain the development of Chicago
11. What was the slave population of South Carolina?
12. What produce were the slaves in the USuse to produce?
13. Explain the framing practices of clearing, cultivating and harvesting.
14. What was developed that increase the farmer’sefficiency?
- Americans invented labor saving devices for clearing and cultivating, and perhaps most famously used mechanical reapers to harvest grain
- Just as importantly, the many new farms stimulated the search for more efficient agriculture.
Perhaps because there was more land than people to farm it, Americans invented labor saving devices for clearing and cultivating, and perhaps most famously used mechanical reapers to harvest grain.