- The degree of interdependence in society maintains among its members
- It has to do with whether peoples self-image is defined in terms of ‘I’ or ‘We’
- In a individualistic society people are supposed to look after themselves and their family only
- In collectivist society people belong into groups that take care of them in exchange for loyalty
- Denmark scores 74 in this dimension
- There is a high preference for loosely knit social framework
- And they are expected to take care of themselves and their family.
- It’s easy to start doing business with Danes.
- Small talk is kept at minimum and you don’t need to create relationship first.
- Danes are also known for using a very direct form of communication
Uncertainty avoidance 1.53
We will go through some ideas of the appropriate business manners when meeting Japanese business partners. Especially the first time 2.08